Corporate, Commercial and Taxation
- Liquidator of Premier Housewares (Scotland) LLP v Naeem Rashid  CSOH 23, 2018 SLT 386 - Acted successfully for a former member of an LLP in a note by its liquidator, seeking to claw back distributions under section 214A of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Promontoria (Henrico) Limited v Friel  CSOH 2 - enforcement of a personal guarantee by assignee of bank loan book.
- Provided advice in relation to LBTT penalties legislation to a national chain of restaurants.
- Provided advice in relation to the LBTT treatment of a proposed transaction where the transaction was being effected by a judicial factor on behalf of a partnership.
- Acted for a company director in a petition to have the Companies Register rectified following the unauthorised filing of a number of documents with Companies House by the Company Secretary acting outwith his authority.
- Provided advice in relation to the appropriate Capital Gains Tax treatment of a proposed transaction between a number of parties.
Private Client and Trusts
- Acted for a residuary beneficiary of an estate in an action against the executor of the estate and the former attorney of the deceased in relation to breaches of fiduciary duties resulting in a loss to the estate.
- Acted for the executors of the estate of a deceased former Lloyd's name in a petition to the Inner House for permission to be able to wind up the estate.
- Halvorson v Persimmon Homes  SC EDIN 40 - Acted for a homeowner in a dispute with a national housebuilder about concurrent delictual liability and unfair contract terms.
- Interdicted proposed executors from applying for confirmation for an estate until it had been determined which of a number of testamentary documents was the true will of the deceased.
Judicial Review and Public Law
- Andrew Wightman MSP (and others) v The Advocate General  CSIH 18, 2018 SLT 356,  CSIH 62 and  3 WLR 1965 - Junior Counsel for the petitioners, seeking clarification on whether the Article 50 Brexit Notification could unilaterally be revoked by the UK prior to "Exit Day", including a hearing before a full bench of the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- Cherry and others v The Advocate General 2019 SLT 1097;  UKSC 41 - Junior Counsel for the petitioners, seeking a declarator that the Prime Minister's attempt to prorogue Parliament was unlawful and therefore void and of no effect, including a hearing before a full bench of the United Kingdom Supreme Court.
- Vince and others v The Advocate General - Junior Counsel for the petitioners, seeking orders compelling the Prime Minister to send the letter to the President of the European Council required by the European Union (Withdrawal) No 2) Act 2019 and orders preventing him from seeking to frustrate the purposes of that Act. Also seeking, by way of application to the nobile officium, an order substituting another individual to send the letter in the event that the Prime Minister refused to do so.