Corporate, Commercial and Taxation
- Liquidator of Premier Housewares (Scotland) LLP v Naeem Rashid  CSOH 23, 2018 SLT 386 - Acted successfully for a former member of an LLP in a note by its liquidator, seeking to claw back distributions under section 214A of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Provided advice in relation to LBTT penalties legislation to a national chain of restaurants.
- Provided advice in relation to the LBTT treatment of a proposed transaction where the transaction was being effected by a judicial factor on behalf of a partnership.
- Acted for a company director in a petition to have the Companies Register rectified following the unauthorised fililng of a number of documents with Companies House by the Company Secretary acting outwith his authority.
- Acted for an insurance company in resisting an action by the insured following an alleged breach of the insurance contract.
- Provided advice in relation to the appropriate Capital Gains Tax treatment of a proposed transaction between a number of parties.
Private Client and Trusts
- Acted for the executors of the estate of a deceased former Lloyd's name in a petition to the Inner House for permission to be able to wind up the estate.
- Halvorson v Persimmon Homes  SC EDIN 40 - Acted for a homeowner in a dispute with a national housebuilder about concurrent delictual liability and unfair contract terms.
- Interdicted proposed executors from applying for confirmation for an estate until it had been determined which of a number of testamentary documents was the true will of the deceased.
- Resisted interdict of a homeowner from being able to market and sell her home.
- Andrew Wightman MSP (and others) v The Advocate General  CSIH 18, 2018 SLT 356 - Junior Counsel for the petitioners, seeking clarification on whether the Article 50 Brexit Notification could unilaterally be revoked by the UK prior to "Exit Day".